An innovative user-friendly technology platform for your institution's Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
In the era of increasing antimicrobial resistance, it is increasingly vital to prescribe the right drug in the right dose for the right duration. As one of the first antimicrobial stewardship tools developed, The Sanford Guide has aided in this effort for over 45 years, and continues to expand our content to support appropriate use of antimicrobials. With the release of our new Stewardship Assist™ platform for institutional subscribers, The Sanford Guide is pleased to offer Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs an innovative tool designed to provide your users with localized antibiograms and institutional ASP guidelines alongside Sanford Guide content.
Sanford Guide with Stewardship Assist™ allows Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs to:
- Display institutional susceptibility/resistance data in a user-friendly antibiogram similar to the Sanford Guide Spectra of Activity.
- Add localized stewardship recommendations for each organism/antibiotic interaction on the Spectra of Activity.
- Develop separate antibiograms for different wards and facilities.
- Display institution-specific stewardship recommendations at the top of Sanford Guide content pages.
- Disseminate stewardship recommendations through web and mobile app platforms without the need for in-house development or IT support.
- Reduce costs associated with medical error, inappropriate prescribing, and the need for pharmacy follow-up on targeted cases.
World Class Sanford Guide Content
Access the full suite of Sanford Guide infectious disease
content on mobile apps or on the web.
Customize with Local Guidelines
Our user-friendly interface allows you
to add local guidelines with ease.
Easy to use!
Clinicians have access to your guidelines
alongside Sanford Guide content.
Local Antibiograms Made Easy
Edit and display local antibiograms using
The Sanford Guide's Activity Spectra layout.
Local Antibiograms Made Easy
Filter to the pathogen of interest and then add
Sanford Guide data for trusted recommendations.
Detailed Content is Only a Click Away
Click on any drug or pathogen for detailed Sanford Guide content,
including treatment regimens, pharmacology, special considerations,
interactions, and more.
Guidance at the Point of Care
Clinicians access content from
any web browser or mobile device.
Sanford Guide with Stewardship Assist™ includes:
- Access to the full suite of Sanford Guide infectious disease content from any computer on your network.
- Offline access for all clinicians via the Sanford Guide Collection mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows 10.
- Regular content updates so your team will always have access to the latest recommendations.
- The ability to add your own custom content to any Sanford Guide topic page.
- A customizable antibiogram, viewable through the Sanford Guide Spectra of Activity.*
- A customizable qualitative Stewardship Recommendations layer, viewable through the Sanford Guide Spectra of Activity.*
- Customization that requires no technical expertise beyond what is needed to write an e-mail or edit a document.
- Several hours of setup and content transfer assistance from the Sanford Guide technical support team.*
- Unlimited technical support for your end users, 365 days a year.
* Speak to our sales team if you would like additional antibiograms, Stewardship Recommendations layers, or setup time from our team.
For more information about Stewardship Assist™:
IDSA/SHEA Guidelines for the implementation of Antibiotic Stewardship Programs (ASPs) recommend the development and use of facility-specific practice guidelines to improve appropriate use of antibiotics (Clin Infect Dis. (2016) 62 (10):e51-e77.).
Specific improvements listed in these Guidelines are:
- increases in likelihood of adequate initial therapy
- use of narrower-spectrum antibiotic regimens
- earlier switch from IV to oral therapy
- shorter duration of treatment
- reductions in mortality
- reductions in length of hospital stay
- reductions in adverse events
- reductions in recurrence of readmission
- reductions in treatment costs
Sanford Guide with Stewardship Assist™ is designed to assist ASPs in targeting syndromes and antimicrobial agents of special importance by allowing the integration of institution-specific guidelines at the top of each Sanford Guide topic page. Our user-friendly interface means guidelines can be updated without delay as susceptibility patterns change, providing prescribers with the most current recommendations available. Presenting clinicians with both a bird's eye view and local picture of antimicrobial resistance concerns, Sanford Guide with Stewardship Assist™ provides vital support to ASPs looking to disseminate critical information to prescribers at the point of care.