Android App Support
Android App Support
I believe I have a current subscription, but the app says my subscription expired.
- The first time you use the app, you must be connected to the internet via WiFi. Quit the app, ensure that your device has a strong WiFi connection, and try again. Once your app has successfully verified your subscription, you will be able to use it offline.
- Ensure that your subscription is current using these instructions. Subscriptions may not renew if you turned off automatic renewal or if your credit card information needs to be updated.
- Ensure that your device is configured with the same Google Play account that you used to purchase your subscription.
- If you purchased your subscription from Apple, please contact our technical support team and include a copy of your Apple Purchase History.
- Sanford Guide produces multiple mobile apps. Please ensure that the app you downloaded corresponds to your subscription. If you have access to Sanford Guide content through Sanford Guide All Access, Sanford Guide with Stewardship Assist, or your institution, access is available through the Sanford Guide Collection app, and not the Antimicrobial Therapy app.
- If none of these solutions resolve the issue, it is possible that there is a corrupted file causing the issue. Please do the following to clear all app data on your device:
- Delete the app.
- Turn your device off and then back on again.
- Download the app from the Google Play and open the app.
- If you reach a screen that allows you to enter a username and password and there is no Restore Content button, this means that no Google Play subscription was found. If your subscription is not through Google Play, but through the Sanford Guide Store, enter your Sanford Guide username and password here.
- If you still need help, please call or e-mail our tech support team for assistance. It will be helpful for us if you can use the same e-mail address that is associated with your Google Play account.
The Antibacterial Spectra of Activity is blank. How do I use it?
- For a brief tutorial on our customizable Spectra of Activity, please click here.
How long is the subscription period?
- Individual subscriptions to The Sanford Guide (Sanford Guide Collection, Antimicrobial Therapy, HIV/AIDS, or Hepatitis) generally last 1 year from the date of purchase or activation. Some institutional customers may have different subscription durations.
How do I turn off auto-renew?
- App subscriptions purchased through the Sanford Guide Store will not automatically renew, but we will send you a reminder to renew shortly before your subscription expires.
- Subscriptions purchased from the Google Play are set to automatically renew one day prior to expiration. If you would like to turn off automatic subscription renewal, go to the Account Screen and then select "Manage subscription." Note that if you do not renew your subscription, you will no longer have access to Sanford Guide content.
How often is content updated?
- Sanford Guide digital content is updated daily with the latest available information. Content updates download in the background as you use the app. At the bottom of each content page is the date that content was last updated.
- To receive updated content, you will need to be connected to the Internet.