Single-Title Mobile App Support
Single-Title Mobile App Support
Support for The Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy, The Sanford Guide to HIV/AIDS Therapy, and The Sanford Guide to Hepatitis Therapy. For assistance with The Sanford Guide Collection, click here.
How does the app work?
- A quick video tutorial of how to use our single-title apps can be found here.
I keep getting messages telling me a content update is available. Why?
- We are in the process of releasing new apps that update content seamlessly while you work. During this process, users who have not downloaded the latest version of the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play may receive daily messages notifying them that updates are available. To stop receiving these messages, download the latest version of our apps, and your software will begin updating automatically in the background.
- To find out when your app content was last updated, select "Account" from the app's drop-down menu.
- By default, our apps only download content updates over WiFi connections. To enable cellular downloads, change the app's settings in your Cellular network settings. We anticipate that the amount of data transferred will be less than 30MB per month.
The Antibacterial Spectra of Activity is blank. How do I use it?
- For a brief tutorial on our customizable Spectra of Activity, please click here.
How do I get The Sanford Guide for my phone or tablet?
- For a cross-platform subscription that will work on both iOS and Android devices, please visit the Sanford Guide Online Store. If you use iOS devices exclusively or Android devices exclusively, you may use in-App Purchase or in-App Billing to purchase a platform-specific subscription.
- If you have an Account Code or Subscriber Code that you have not yet used to activate an app, visit https://account.sanfordguide.com/redeem to redeem your subscription. You can then use the username and password you create to activate apps on any iOS or Android mobile device.
- Volume licenses are available by contacting Sanford Guide Customer Service.
How long is the subscription period?
- Individual subscriptions to The Sanford Guide (Sanford Guide Collection, Antimicrobial Therapy, HIV/AIDS, or Hepatitis) generally last 1 year from the date of purchase or activation. Some institutional customers may have different subscription durations.
What if I can't log in?
- Check that you have downloaded the app that corresponds to your subscription (Antimicrobial Therapy, HIV/AIDS Therapy, Hepatitis Therapy, or Collection).
- Be sure that your subscription corresponds to the type of device you are using. Subscriptions purchased through the Apple App Store may only be used on iOS devices. Subscriptions purchased through Google Play may only be used on Android devices. There is no way to transfer these subscriptions to the other platform. Subscriptions purchased through the Sanford Guide Online Store may be installed on both iOS and Android devices.
- If you purchased your subscription from Apple or Google, enter the password for your Apple ID or Google Play account when you first open the app in order to authenticate.
- Ensure that your subscription has not expired.
- Contact technical support if you continue to experience difficulties.
Can I install my subscription on multiple devices?
- Yes! Subscriptions purchased through the Sanford Guide Online Store may be installed up to five times over the course of the year. You may "mix and match" iOS and Android installations.
- Subscriptions sold through Apple or Google may be installed on any device using the same Apple ID or Google Play account, but will only work on the platform from which they were purchased (Apple purchases will only work on iPhone and iPad, Google Play purchases will only work on Android).
How do I turn off auto-renew?
- App subscriptions purchased through the Sanford Guide Online Store will not automatically renew, but we will send you a reminder to renew shortly before your subscription expires.
- Subscriptions purchased from the App Store or Google Play are set to automatically renew one day prior to expiration. If you would like to turn off automatic subscription renewal, iOS users can go to the Account Screen and then select "Manage subscription." Android users may use these instructions. Note that if you do not renew your subscription, you will no longer have access to Sanford Guide content.
How often is content updated?
- Sanford Guide digital content is updated at least once a month.
- When content updates are available, you will see a notice the next time you launch the app.
- To receive update notifications and the updated content, you will need to be connected to the Internet.
How do I use the bookmark and notes feature?
- You may bookmark content pages to create a custom index and add personal notes to your bookmarks.
- Bookmarks may be accessed by selecting "Bookmarks" from the drop-down menu.
- Bookmark a page by tapping the small ribbon outline at the top right of the screen. You may add notes in the Notes field. Tap Save.
- The Edit button allows you delete bookmarks no longer needed.